Fido Friendly Parks
*IMPORTANT NOTE: You must check with Park Management BEFORE bringing your Fido into the park.
Did you know that Shoal Bay Holiday Park, Fingal Bay Holiday Park and Halifax Holiday Parks love dogs?... so let Fido enjoy a holiday with you when you’re camping or caravanning at a Beachside Holiday Park.
Here's a couple of things you have to ponder:
- Your Fido can stay anytime of the year
- Only 1 Fido per reservation can stay during ALL School Holidays and Public Holidays
- Only applicable to caravan and tent sites
- No Fidos allowed at Thou walla Sunset Retreat or the Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary
If you are wanting to book in with Fido here are the rules to follow that will keep everyone happy
- Please advise park staff PRIOR to your arrival date if you wish to bring your Fido
- Fido's are only allowed when staying in your own Van or Tent
- Fido is to be Vaccinated and Registered
- Fido needs to have the approval of the Park Manager so you need to tell us Fido's breed and size
- No restricted breeds will be allowed at any time (Pit Bull, American Pit, Japanese Tosa and Argentinian Fighting dog)
- Fido is not permitted onsite if a Control Orders is in place
- Fido need to be kept on a lead and under control at all times
- Fido is not permitted around the childrens play areas, in the pool area, amenities block or any of the communal areas.
- All Fido's poop are the responsibility of the owners and must be cleaned up immediately. Bags are located around the park to assist with this
- Excessive barking will not be tolerated - Fido not to be left unattended in your van or tent at any time
- Check our website for information about dog friendly areas near the parks.
Have a great holiday with Fido but please obey the rules or you may be asked to leave the park
So if your best friend likes to swim in the water, run on the beach and sleep all day I’m sure he or she will have a perfect holiday in one of our Port Stephens Beachside Holiday Parks. If you would like some more information please give one the parks a ring and they will be happy to discuss your options.
*If you have a Registered Assistance, Therapy, Companion or Guide Dog the rules are slightly different so you will need to phone the park directly and discuss your specific needs. All our properties have assisted living cabins that are fitted out to industry specs that will hopefully suit your needs.
Dog Friendly Parks
Port Stephens has numerous parks and reserves where dogs may be exercised on & off-lead. This information can be found at Dog Park Maps and it outlines the areas in each suburb where you may exercise your dogs on/off leash and dog prohibited areas can be found at Dog Park Maps.
Why not book your dog into the local kennels for his own little holiday? You can pick him up and take him with you for the day and return him at night to play with his holiday mates. Day stays are also available.
Local boarding kennels are - Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels (Four Paws) - centrally located on Gan Gan Road in One Mile Beach. Tel: 02 4982 1182
Things to note
Need a Ranger? It’s also wise to take note of the various fines that can be issued to dog owners under the NSW local Government.
Port Stephens Council Rangers
Phone: 02 4988 0255 - 24 Hours / 7 Days
Fax: 02 4988 0130
Hopefully you won’t need the services of a local vet but if you do here are some that are close to our parks.
- Salamander Bay Vet - 168 Salamander Way – Salamander Bay – Ph: 4982 7492
- Noah’s Ark Veterinary Services - 13 Yacaaba St, Nelson Bay – Ph: 4981 1033
- Shoal Bay Veterinary Clinic – 121 Shoal Bay Road, Shoal Bay – Ph: 4981 2417
Port Stephens Pet Barn at Salamander Bay has a DIY dog wash facility if your dog needs a hot wash during his stay.
Port Stephens Beachside Holiday Parks also welcomes other pets traveling with guests however they are required to adhere to the same rules that apply to your Fido as outlined above. Please contact Port Stephens Beachside Holiday Parks if you have any questions on bringing your pet to stay with you.